- -How can Christians gain a fresh, love-filled perspective toward the Jewish people today?
- -What makes a person consider him or herself Jewish?
- -Why are Jewish people hesitant to accept the Gospel message of Christ as Messiah?
- -How can "The Church" speak up for Israel's existence?
- -And the often-debated question: "Do Jewish people really need to be “converted”?
This blog is for Christians to learn more about the Jewish faith, the "Jewishness" of Jesus, how to help Jewish people believe that the whole Bible is truth, and much more. Who better to explain all this than a Jewish person who has found Jesus as her Lord and Savior?
When Sheryl Young's husband rediscovered Jesus after many years, she thought, "How can I, a girl from a Jewish family, be married to a Christian?" She set out to prove the Gospel wrong. But the moment she studied the Old Testament and dared to compare it with the New, everything changed. She fell in love with her Messiah, saw her Jewish heritage with new appreciative eyes, and realized the two could fit perfectly together.
The posts here are excerpts from Sheryl's book, What Every Christian Should Know about the Jewish People which was in print from 2008-2013. The book is no longer available, but please enjoy the posted information, and may God bless your newfound knowledge about the Jewish people. A better relationship between Christians and Jews is much needed in today's world.
(What Every Christian Should Know about the Jewish People: Improving the Church's Relationship with God's Original Chosen Nation © 2008, Sheryl Young, Wine Press/Pleasant Word Publishing)